Once the weather in Chattanooga starts to heat up and it’s time to turn on your AC, you’d better be sure your unit is working well or you’ll be left to sweat it out. Having an annual tune-up performed on your air conditioner can aid in finding small problems before they become larger ones, and can extend the life of your unit. AC checkups can also extend the life of your home’s system by several years, as well as save you up to 15% a month on your energy bills. The time to schedule your annual tune-up is now, so don’t wait to call your friends at Action Air.
What Is a Spring AC Tune-Up?
As seasons change and you switch from using heat to AC, it’s a good idea to have an HVAC professional give your system a tune-up. During this routine service call, our technicians will thoroughly go through the following checklist:
- Install gauges and check operating pressures.
- Check voltage and amperage to all motors with meters.
- Check air temperature drop across the evaporator.
- Check for adequate refrigerant charge and possible leaks.
- Check evaporator superheat.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Check belt and adjust the tension.
- Check filters.
- Check pressure switch cutout settings.
- Check electrical lockout circuits.
- Check starting contractor contacts.
- Check and adjust the thermostat.
- Check air temperature across the condenser.
- Check that the condensate drain is open.
- Turn exposed dampers to cooling position, if marked (no balancing).
By checking these routine functions and parts and taking care of any potential AC repairs or replacements early, you can make sure your air conditioner is ready to go when the temperature rises.
If You Were A Member Of Our Maintenance Program, You’d Be Covered!
At Action Air, we offer biannual and annual checks for all HVAC units to ensure optimum performance. Our maintenance contracts help you to alleviate the stress of high bills — knowing you have NATE-certified technicians watching your systems all year long!